Prompted by responses to an earlier blog post ("Our ideal motorhome campsite"), I've set up a new crowdsourced map of RV parks where the campsites are scenic and/or peaceful. These could be sites located at a beach, on a mountain, at a marina, or in a forest -- and it’s fine if the locations are remote or are close to a city. At these campgrounds, space between sites is optimized for privacy, quiet, or scenery.
Here are instructions for adding new locations to the map:
- Navigate to https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2113518
- Click on “Additions” tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Add Marker - Simple”
- In the "Location" field, start typing the campground name or the street address of the campground; a popup list will help you choose the correct complete address. Alternatively, you can paste in latitude and longitude coordinates, separating them by a comma (e.g., 44.366454, -124.091027). Or you can press “Map Select a location” to visually locate a spot on the magnified map.
- Add "Campground Name" if it has not automatically been filled in.
- In the “Description” field, paste in the website for the campground, plus any other information that you'd like to include.
- Optional: Upload a photo of your campsite or its view.
- Press “Submit” and your campground location is on the map! (Contact me via this website if any later editing is needed.)
And if you'd like to have a mobile web app that allows you to add and access these locations easily from your iPhone, the instructions are essentially the same as what I wrote in this blog post.